Welcome to Artist Allen's Blog

ArtistAllen Blog


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thurs. May 26th

Yesterday I heard a presentation by Anthony Robbins (thanks Dan) where he encouraged his listeners to stop and do something before they finished listening to the presentation. Today I was feeling guilty because I had not done what he said yet.
How often do we know what to do, but fail to take action to do it. The book of James in the Bible talks about looking into the law of liberty and going away forgetting what we have seen, and so deceive ourselves. I was wondering how much we do that in all areas.  Do we know what we should be doing at work, in relationships, or our calling - and yet we never move from knowledge to action?  Is that book we considered still unwritten and not started?  Is the song in our heart still not written? Do we have the seed of our destiny available to us and use excuses not to get pregnant with it - much less to give birth?
I invite you to take action. Pick up the pen, brush, book or whatever and allow the seed of destiny to germinate by your actions.  If, on the other hand, we deceive ourselves, we are really deceived!
--
Allen Penton

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent van Gogh

2 comments:

  1. i really like this picture i'm learning how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Taking the waterfall was fun. I think I used about 1/8th of a second. I did not have a trypod (my bad) but had the camera on a tree to hold it steady and took several exposures holding my breath for each one to see if I could get one good.

    Lots of luck with your learning, and keep practicing both the art and the passion. Let me know if there is anyway I can help or suggest things to you.

    Allen
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
    Jack London

    ReplyDelete