Welcome to Artist Allen's Blog

ArtistAllen Blog


Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30th 2011 - Memorial Day

For those in the US, I hope you had a safe Memorial Day.  Can one say a happy Memorial Day?  Can you call a holiday that remembers those who died for our freedom “happy”?  Many of us, from my generation, can remember the “empty chairs and empty tables” where we and our friends celebrated life – and then they gave their lives for their country.

For the weekend, I had the pleasure of photographing at a wedding.  My task was to create portraits of the guests, which will be sent to them.  The wedding was outside, but I was very glad that I took my studio lights because I shot well after sunset.  I used three lights; a main, a fill and a hair-light. My only problem was I should have had two hair lights for the larger number families.

In celebration of families, I would like to submit another set of family photographs.  They are a wonderful family with delightful kids.  The session lasted about 30 min. and resulted in awesome photographs – and I made sure the mother got copies of all of her photographs as well as her enlargements, without breaking the bank.





No comments:

Post a Comment