Welcome to Artist Allen's Blog

ArtistAllen Blog


Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lessons learned from a hard week

 It has been bit of a rough couple of days in the Old Photography business. But I guess that education is always expensive, either at school or in the world.  It has created some “interesting dynamics” around the house, but we will work through it. Persistence has value, but only when times get rough.  We really do learn more from our failures than from our successes – if we are paying attention. Some of the mistakes I have made in business will not be made again – at least not by me.  What I have learned:
·         Deal with the primary person. In a wedding deal with the bride, or at least make sure the bride is in all the dealings, so everyone is playing on the perverble same sheet of music.
·         Written contracts save money, time, tears and a lot of issues.  If it isn’t in writing, it is open for debate and miss-communication.
·         Sometimes if God is not the judge, there will be no justice.  So we sometimes have to treat others as though they are His children, and let Him handle the justice stuff.
·         See the second lesson
I did have the pleasure of photographing my grand-daughter this morning.  She is so beautiful that one could not blame me for taking too many photographs and photographing her as long as she would let me.  At a little over two months, her energy left before mine did.
Now, do you want to see the most beautiful baby?





No comments:

Post a Comment