Welcome to Artist Allen's Blog

ArtistAllen Blog


Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dependable

Computers are such wonderful instruments – when they work right. And they firmly believe in going down at the worst possible moment.
Saturday I have scheduled to photograph an outreach to an immigrant community and to photograph them, print the photographs so they would have their portraits before they leave.  I procured the paper, ink, and all I needed. Then, of course, Friday night the computer that was to be involved decided to throw a tantrum. Fortunately my computer-wizard son, Josh was here to help with the diagnosis and repair. So after six hours of work on the computer and less hours of sleep than that, I think it is ready and able to do the job.
Everybody goes through that.  I wonder how often I let people down when they are counting on me? I am certainly not as versatile as a computer, but I hope I am more dependable. I would rather have something less powerful, but more dependable.
Lord, help me “to be a friend that a friend would like to have”.


No comments:

Post a Comment