Welcome to Artist Allen's Blog

ArtistAllen Blog


Saturday, March 10, 2012

Looking back, and stumbling forward.

Looking back, stumble forward

Today I had the pleasure of going up to the Booth Western Art Museum and enjoy their Cowboy gathering and Chuck Wagon cook-off with a young friend of mine, Michael.  Besides enjoying some of the images that I have not seen in a while something else impressed me.

The chuck wagon teams started cooking at 8:00 am, and lunch was served at noon.  The food was delicious (but way too authentic).  I thought about how long my mother took to cook our supper – and compared it with how long it takes me to “whip up” supper.  
And what do we do with our new found time?


I am challenged to do something worthwhile. And if I cannot find something worthwhile, at least I’ll do something creative. And if I cannot find anything creative, I’ll do something educational. And something that builds relationships would be an added benefit to any of those activities.

As a note, the team that I enjoyed most was a team that had worked together as friends for over 20 years.  What an impressive way to build and maintain relationships!  Way to go Skillet and Spurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment