Welcome to Artist Allen's Blog

ArtistAllen Blog


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Memories in Photographs



I was sitting yesterday with my oldest son, Marshall and my laptop was open and went to the screensaver function.  Marshall started making comments about the family photos on my screensaver, about how his brothers have changed and remembering the family times when they were younger. Now they are all grown and gone, and I sit looking at my beautiful wife (as she works on her laptop).

I am, first of all, thankful for the family that I have been blessed with and our years together.  I am also thankful for the memories and the photographs that bring those memories to the forefront of our minds.  But I thought of something else.  I once told someone that I would not be doing them any favor if I let them put their photograph on their computer - which would someday crash and end up in a pile of garbage.  So, my thought for the day is: save your photos on your computer and enjoy them today, but back them up on a DVD or some other external memory because your computer will not last forever.

The older the memory, the sweeter they are to remember.  Save the images of your memory.

1 comment: